Sunday Stealing: The Generic Meme
1. What did you want to be when you were little?
A nurse. Even went to school to become a medical assistant. Didn’t work out though, which in hindsight is probably a good thing.
2. Would you prefer to have a large group of friends, or a small group of friends? Why?
I have a small group of close friends IRL, but I have a large group of online friends. As for why? Guess it just works better for me that way.
3. What is your fashion “style”? Or what type of clothes do you wear on a daily basis?
Jeans and t-shirts. During the colder months that includes a hoodie. If I don’t have to leave the house…pajamas all day. I’m just not one to give a fig about my appearance. You like me as I am…or you can GTFO.
4. If you could live anywhere where would you live?
My usual answer to this is Tokyo, Japan. And mostly still is, but I wouldn’t mind Hawaii either.
5. What is your biggest hope for the next year?
To kick the shit out of this cancer re-occurrence, if that’s what it is. And to have a nice loooooong remission before it decides to pop back up again. I am not ready to leave this world yet, so the cancer can just go burn.
6. When you pass by reflective surfaces do you check yourself out?
Nope, couldn’t care less.
7. Favorite genre of movie as well as TV show?
RomCom. (Romantic Comedy) Yes I’m a sap…shut it! I also like action and thrillers.
8. Top favorite books? (limit of 5)
This implies all books in the set: Harry Potter, Twilight, Hunger Games, Geisha A Life, and The Lovely Bones.
9. Have you ever taken a cooking class?
I took all the Home Ec. cooking classes offered in both Junior & Senior high. Outside of school…just one candy making class with the Girl Scouts. Otherwise no, I inherited my cooking talent from my paternal grandfather. (As well as his cook book & recipe collecting obsession.)
10. What three words would you use to describe yourself?
Temperamental. Crazy. Bitch. Think that about sums it up.
11. Favorite animal?
Cats! Yes…I am a crazy cat lady!
12. What is your dream job?
Something that I could do from home on my computer. Or get to travel all over on the company’s expense. Chances of finding either one…zero.
13. If you could go back in history to any moment that you did not live, what would it be and why?
As morbid as they both are. I’ve always been interested in the final days of Nicholas II of Russia and his family. The other, the Titanic. It’s more of an I’d like to be a fly on the wall and see what really happened kind of thing.
14. If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Why?
Either Telekinesis or Teleportation. It be awesome to be able to get something you forgot across the room than having to get back up and get it. In the case of teleporting it be nice to just ‘be there’ instead of dealing with all the travel hoopla. It would certainly make it easier. Though naturally I’m sure they’d find a way to charge us for that too.
15. What is your favorite movie?
I have…SO many of them. First one that pops to mind right now is The Devil Wears Prada. Naturally Harry Potter, Twilight, and Hunger Games are in there too.
16. What is your best childhood memory?
Summer vacations in Montana with my paternal grandparents. Helping grandpa work in his garden and trying not to get caught sneaking a strawberry or two off the vines.
17. What is your favorite part about blogging?
Hmm…that I can take a break from it whenever I want?
18. What is your favorite quote?
I have several of those too. But the one that’s been calling me lately is Paul Walker’s: “You know, all that really matters is that the people you love are happy and healthy. Everything else is just sprinkles on the sundae.”
19. What song do you feel like describes your life the best? Why?
I have three theme songs: “Bitch” by Meredith Brooks, “Trouble” by Pink, and the current one that’s been getting me through all this cancer bull shit “(What Doesn’t Kill You) Stronger” by Kelly Clarkson. All three are pretty self explanatory. I am a bitch, I will cause you no end of trouble, and I will absolutely NOT go down without one hell of a fight.
20. Would you describe yourself as shy or outgoing?
Shy baby…all the way. It takes work and patience to get past all my defenses.
Current Mood: Feelin’ fine.